Join us or renew your membership
Shaftesbury Arts Centre is a membership subscription organisation open to all. Membership runs for 12 months from the date you join and is renewable annually. You can take out a new annual membership subscription or renew an existing one here using any major credit card.
Becoming a member means you are not only eligible to take part in any of the centre's many activities but you also
- qualify for a discount on all ticket prices - and see films for free if you take out extra film society membership (this alone can more than cover the cost of membership in any year)
- can take an active part in the running of the centre (there are opportunities to volunteer in some 30 different activities from acting to bar-tending)
- can vote at the annual meeting, and
- can stand for election as a main board director if you wish.
Current subscription rates (2016) are as follows:
Full adult with film society
Joint adult (2 adults at same address)
Joint adult with film society
Junior (under 18)
Junior Extra (under 18)
Junior Extra provides free access to all Children's films, plus 10% discount on events.
Reduced rate Students over 16 in fulltime education and people receiving state benefits qualify for a reduced subscription. To get the reduced rate applications must be made in person and evidence of entitlement produced. Please note there is currently no reduced rate for pensioners.
Full adult reduced
Full adult with film society reduced
Joint adult reduced
Joint adult with film society reduced
Renewing your membership?
You can renew your membership, or update your details online. Just go into your account, by clicking here.
Terms & Conditions (valid at 1 January 2011)
Membership By becoming a member of Shaftesbury Arts centre you become a shareholder in the charitable company that is Shaftesbury Arts Centre and agree to the following:
- to abide by the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the charity and its rules, a copy of which is attached here.
- to pay the charity an amount not exceeding £10 if the charity is dissolved while you are a member and for 12 months after you have ceased to be a member in accordance with clause 7 of the charity's Memorandum of Association.
- to pay any membership subscriptions that are levied in accordance with the charity's Articles and/or Rules.
Membership cards Membership cards are normally posted within 10 days of online purchase. They may also be collected from the Box Office during normal opening hours (Mon-Sat inc 10.30am-12.30pm).
Due to the increasing cost of processing credit/debit cards we reluctantly have to make a 50p per ticket handling fee that applies to tickets booked online or over the telephone, or when using a credit card at the box office. If you require tickets purchased online or over the telephone to be posted we make an additional £1 charge for this service.
Please also note:
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre is not responsible for any ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance is cancelled or rescheduled.
- Tickets bought online can be collected from the Box Office up to 15 minutes before the start of a performance.