Join us or renew your membership
It costs over £1,500 a week to run the Shaftesbury Arts Centre. Please help support us by becoming a member. Membership is open to all and runs for 12 months from the date you join and is renewable annually. You can take out a new annual membership subscription or renew an existing one using any major credit card.
Becoming a member means you are not only eligible to take part in any of the centre's many activities but you also
- qualify for a discount on all ticket prices - and see films for free if you take out extra film society membership (this alone can more than cover the cost of membership in any year)
- can take an active part in the running of the centre (there are opportunities to volunteer in some 30 different activities from acting to bar-tending)
- can vote at the annual meeting, and
- can stand for election as a main board director if you wish.
Current subscription rates (from 1 Sep 2017) are as follows:
Adult + Film Society
Joint adult (2 adults at same address)
Joint adult + Film Society
Junior (under 18)
Reduced rate Students over 18 in fulltime education and people receiving state benefits qualify for a reduced subscription. To get the reduced rate applications must be made in person and evidence of entitlement produced. Please note there is currently no reduced rate for pensioners.
Adult + Film Society reduced
Joint adult reduced
Joint adult + Film Society reduced
Renewing your membership?
You can renew your membership, or update your details online. Just go into your account, by clicking here.
Terms & Conditions (valid at 1 January 2011)
Membership By becoming a member of Shaftesbury Arts centre you become a shareholder in the charitable company that is Shaftesbury Arts Centre and agree to the following:
- to abide by the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the charity and its rules, a copy of which is attached here.
- to pay the charity an amount not exceeding £10 if the charity is dissolved while you are a member and for 12 months after you have ceased to be a member in accordance with clause 7 of the charity's Memorandum of Association.
- to pay any membership subscriptions that are levied in accordance with the charity's Articles and/or Rules.
Membership cards Membership cards are normally posted within 10 days of online purchase. They may also be collected from the Box Office during normal opening hours (Mon-Sat inc 10.30am-12.30pm).
Due to the increasing cost of processing credit/debit cards we reluctantly have to make a 50p per ticket handling fee that applies to tickets booked online or over the telephone, or when using a credit card at the box office. If you require tickets purchased online or over the telephone to be posted we make an additional £1 charge for this service.
Please also note:
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre is not responsible for any ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance is cancelled or rescheduled.
- Tickets bought online can be collected from the Box Office up to 15 minutes before the start of a performance.